Here we are again with our monthly community update about things that have been happening in the Freesound dev world.
This month we have not released new user-facing features, but this does not mean we have not been working hard 🙂 We indeed made a lot of changes on things that are not so much visible, and we are also in the middle of implementing other new features that you will love but are not ready yet to be deployed. So here comes the list of things we did:
- Make links to sounds whose author changed his username still work after the username change
- Prevent some errors that could happen when users double-click submit buttons in forms
- Improvements in the way the number of sounds per users and packs, the number of posts per users, and number of comments and ratings per sounds are stored and synchronized with the real counts
- Minor improvements in moderation workflow
- Deleting your user account now requires to re-enter your password
- Fix bug that in some occasions showed wrong sound signatures
- Speed optimizations in our admin pages
- Improve the way in which we store and synchronize information about user donations
- Other minor bugfixes and optimizations
This is quite a number of things… but we have more news! Just as a kind of Christmas present, we would like to annoucne that during the last months we have been working hard with a designer on a complete redesign of the Freesound look and feel. This means that at some point in the next year Freesound will get a renewed design, more modern and easier to use. As part of the design, we slightly updated the Freesound logo and this, ladies and gentleman, will be the new logo and “red” Freesound tone:
Looks great, doesn’t it? The design phase for the new look and feel has already finished, and we have just started the actual implementation phase. During the design phase, the goal has always been to update Freesound’s look while preserving existing functionalities and workflows. It is still too early to reliably estimate a release date, but we’ll keep you posted. Exciting, isn’t it?
Aaaand that’s it for now, thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next post!
The Freesound Team
ps: don’t see the differences in the logo? put it next to the current one 😉