Hi again dear Freesounders,
Welcome back to our (not really) monthly blog post about things happening in the Freesound dev world! You’ll have noticed that lately we’ve been a bit less active writing in the blog. This is because some of us have been on a leave (well, me!) and others have been concentrating more on some research work which is also an essential part of Freesound – even though its impacts are not immediately seen in the website. Also we’ve been doing some work on the new interface which, in fact, is always happening silently in the background. Nevertheless here are some small updates we deployed to Freesound lately:
- Usability improvements in advanced search
- Removed the <> from URLs in emails we sent which caused some email clients to not show the links properly
- Improved live “username existing” check when registering new users
- Improvements in admin pages for managing sound flags which should allow us to manage these more easily
- Improved support for old Freesound v1 links (so that these still work properly)
- Other minor bug fixes and optimizations
That?s it for now, thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next post… Oh, and have and nice holiday break those of you who have it 🙂 Get ready for the next year because we have many great plans for Freesound!
The Freesound Team
Will there be a statistic blogpost as last year? Would be awesome!
You can count on it, mid January most likely 🙂