Welcome to our monthly update about things happening in the Freesound dev world! We have no significant new user-facing features to showcase this month but, as usual, we’ve been working in the background and been making some backend changes and developing some stuff which is not yet ready to be launched (but will be shortly!). We also continue to advance (maybe a bit slowly than expected) in the implementation of the new font-end interface 🙂 Here is the list of updates/fixes for this month:
- Store the sounds that are downloaded every time a pack is downloaded. This will allow us to tell you which sounds (and with which licenses) were inside a pack when you downloaded it.
- Change the way we store the count of downloads that you make.
- New anti-spam measures to prevent spammers from using “about” and “URL” profile fields for spamming.
- Currently we show a warning when including images from non-HTTPS locations in sound descriptions. Now this warning is extended to other fields that also support including images.
- Improvements in the API documentation.
- Other minor bugfixes and optimizations.
Aaaaand that?s for February. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next post!
The Freesound Team