It’s been some time since the last community update, but we’ve kept you busy with other kinds of very interesting blog posts so you’ll hopefully have not noticed 🙂 Anyway, here is a summary of the latest updates that we released to Freesound:
- Many improvements in the audio processing back end. This will allow us to process sound more often and carrying out more advanced audio analysis to enable new search features.
- Show a warning when entering tags that contain letters other than a-z and numbers. This restriction was already in place but no proper feedback was shown to users.
- Fixed a number of bugs in forums which resulted in wrong forum post counts when searching in the forums.
- Improvements in spam checks.
- New components implemented for the upcoming Beast Whoosh interface. Nothing public yet.
- Many minor bug fixes and optimizations.
As usual, for a more techy and detailed list of code changes, you can check our source code repository. That’s it for now, enjoy Freesound!
– The Freesound Team