- Uploaded sounds are released under one of the CC licenses you choose. Other content (metadata, tags, comments, etc…) is provided as CC-Zero.
- Your activity in Freesound is public and can be seen by all users (except your private messages).
- You are responsible for your posted content.
- We (Freesound) keep your data confidential and apply security measures to keep this confidentiality.
- We (Freesound) don’t warrant that all the data on the site is correct. We are not liable for information not posted by us on this site.
- We can use anonymized data collected from Freesound (sounds, statistics about sounds, tags, comments, downloads…) for research purposes.
- You agree to receive email notifications in accordance with your email preferences.
Beyond providing consent for the updated terms, starting on the 4th of April users with sounds will also be given the opportunity to upgrade current Creative Commons licenses from 3.0 to 4.0. The main difference between these two is that Creative Commons licenses 4.0 are more user-friendly and more internationally robust, but the general terms are the same. More information can be found here. The option to upgrade licenses is only offered to users who have uploaded sounds with any of the “old” CC-BY or CC-BY-NC licenses, and will also be available in the user settings page as long as user has sounds with old licenses.
Please let us know if there’s anything you’d like to discuss about these updates by commenting to this post. Thanks everyone!!!
frederic, on behalf of the Freesound Team