It is christmas time (again), and the freesound team has prepared a present for you…
We have been working on a new functionality* which has just been deployed, and that will allow you to follow freesound users and get notifications when these users upload new sounds! But not only that, you’ll also be able to follow groups of tags, and be notified when new sounds are uploaded that have these tags. It all works in the following way:
- When visiting a user profile, you’ll find a “Follow” button right under the user avatar. Click on this button to start following that user.
- When browsing sounds by tags, you’ll find a “Follow tags” button under the group of tags that you selected for browsing. By clicking this button, you’ll start following sounds tagged with all of these tags.
- In your settings page, you can tick the new checkbox that says “Receive weekly stream update email notifications” to turn on notifications for new sounds uploaded by the users you follow or with the tags you follow. We will only send you one email per week, with a summary of all updates, and we are only going to send that email if there are updates.
- Once you start following users and tags, you can use your new activity stream page to show all updates from users and tags you follow. By default this page shows updates for the last week (just like the email notification), but you can also specify other periods of time and, for example, list sounds uploaded by the users you follow that were uploaded during the last month. You’ll find a link to the activity stream in your home page.
Hmmm.. that is all! We hope you enjoy this new functionality and, as always, please tell us if you find things that are not working as expected!
keep on Freesounding!
* thanks to nunoh who joined the team for a while and did most of the implementation of this functionality