Eric from nibblesoft wrote me a while back that he was working on a freesound application for the iphone / ipod touch. We’re quite happy with the pplication, it’s fun to see the first custom application on a handheld device! Have a look at the page on nibblesoft’s website, or alternatively, go directly to the itunes store. The application isn’t free, but Eric has promised us that he will donate part of the income to Freesound, which makes us very happy!
Some information about the app… Features Include:
- Search freesound.org and listen to sounds.
- Request any freesound.org sound to be emailed to you as a ringtone.
- Record your own sounds and submit recordings to freesound.org over WiFi.
- “Loop” sounds during playback.
- Rate a sound.
- Email a link to a sound.
- Over 150 sounds come “pre-marked” as favorites.
- Search your favorites list or recordings list.
Here are some screenshots: